WHAT IS NURTURE GROUP?
Nurture groups are a short-term, focused interventions for children with particular social, emotional and behavioral difficulties which are creating a barrier to learning within a mainstream class.
Nurture rooms provide a short-term focused intervention to deal with non-cognitive issues that are blocking learning for some children.
CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION
* Must have completed primary 1- 6 or 1-5 (minimum). Transitioning from primary to Secondary School
* Must take an assessment test- to assess eligibility to this particular program. If the child is not eligible, we will try to the best of our ability to signpost to a suitable service.
* Admission is open to Children from all schools.
* An individualised developmental learning program
* Developed well being of each child
* A safe space
* An understanding that all behavior is communication
* Transition to further learning
* Dedicated Learning Support Assistants
* Mentor/Mentee program
* A dedicated profile created for the full year reporting progress.
* Monthly assessment