Tips to Help Kids Prepare for Exams
We are happy that our pupils find exam exciting. Since they all seem prepared and our level of encouragement has increased, we believe you want to use methods we have seen work around the world to help your child prepare for exams.
1. Sleep: To increase alertness, you should help them rest well. Reading for hours might be your thing but you should not expect that from your child. A Sleep Foundation stated that children between 6-13 years need 9-11 hours of sleep.
2. Synchronize Their Tests With Other Works: You need to understand that while helping a child prepare for their exams, you cannot use the same method recommended for adults. You have to mix it with fun-filled activities. For example, you read through their works and ask them questions at different times. It might be while cooking. Ensure they are near you and ask them questions using either the methods or the objects around.
3. Extra Helps: Employ the help of automated systems like software and apps. There are several online classes that also help children.
4. Project Calmness: As we said in a previous post, children project our reactions. You’re their mentor. When you hold your ground, they will project this calmness and boldness on the various issues in their lives.
5. Familiarize the Child With Exams and Environment: Spare some times to create a mock exam for them. This will grant them a better opportunity to write their exams with boldness. Avoid indulging them when they do something wrong like running about during exams. Instead, make them understand that their various teachers will be with them to ensure decorum.
6. Healthy Foods: No cheating! This shouldn’t be new to you. In fact, it’s a reminder that you need to give your child sufficient healthy food.